Sociology is one of the scientific programs included in the Faculty of Arts - University of Tripoli. A bachelor's degree is granted by the student's achievement of 127 credits, following the open semester system. In the various fields of sociology, according to a well-studied and approved scientific programs. Such as economic sociologists, political sociologists, social change, and social movements. Our researchers specialize in a wide range of social research areas including demography, population studies, migration, women's studies, and gender issues.
Objectives1. To provide students with social concepts and theories that contribute to the interpretation and understanding of societal reality.
2. To build students' capabilities to monitor and study social phenomena and analyze it, to demonstrate the positive aspects, and to address the negative aspects.
3. To provide students with basic skills in conducting theoretical and empirical social research, using scientific research techniques to analyze and explain social phenomena.
4. To enable students to use the results of reports, research and studies to provide explanations for social problems that hinder the progress and development of society.
5. To build the basic capabilities that qualify the graduate to complete postgraduate studies.
6. To propos and present national initiatives through critical and creative thinking to anticipate emerging problems that hinder social development programs.
To understand general cognitive theorizing in sociology.
To understand the steps of the scientific research methodology
To understand social issues in a correct scientific technique.
To identify the social problems and issues properly
To conduct scientific research and write upright scientific research.
To transfer scientific knowledge to others, and contribute to the dissemination of societal knowledge.
The Department grants a bachelor’s degree in Sociology
1. The applicants should obtain a general secondary certificate, a specialized secondary certificate, or an equivalent certificate recognized by the authority.
2. The high school diploma should not be less than the percentage determined by the University of Tripoli.
3. Acceptance of admission of foreign students with scholarships at the expense of the community in accordance with the principles and rules that decide the admission of Libyan students.
4. International applicants have to pay the fees and expenses of studying according to legislation of the university.
5. The applicants should be healthy, free from infectious diseases, and able to follow theoretical and practical lessons.
6. Successfully passing a comparison exam.
The Bachelor in Sociology prepares students to qualify for Bachelor in Sociology. The student studies several subjects which have been carefully chosen in this major to cover its different aspects.
It comprises 8 Semesters of study, in which the student will study a total of 127 units, which include 16 units of general subjects, and 88 major units
Study plan for this program is shown below:
|د.ع.ج 101||Introduction to sociology A||03||Compulsory||+|
|501 د.ع.ج||Traditional social theories||03||Compulsory||+|
|106 د.ع.ج||Introduction to social care||03||Elective||+|
|405 د.ع.ج||Sociology of Aging||02||Compulsory||+|